Monday, December 8, 2014

Buffalo Wild Wings - Dry Rub Edition Part 1

Buffalo Wild Wings - Dry Rub Edition
Buffalo Wild Wings - Dry Rub Edition Part 1

B-Dubs:  Well who hasn't been to a local BW3 by now.  20 locations in Chicagoland, my home base location...Willowbrook. I have been going to Buffalo Wild Wings for almost 15 years and have had most of their sauces.  Everyone knows the verity of quality sauces that are packed with flavor and heat.  Wings size always seems to differ from night to night.  Any location is a great place to meet after work, choose from a wide verity of beers,  or to catch your favorite team in action...But how often have you had the dry rub flavors?


Wings: With 5 dry rub flavors to choice from Salt & Vinegar, Lemon Pepper, Chipotle BBQ, Buffalo, and Desert Heat... I recently decided to sit down and go outside the norm and try the dry rub seasonings they offer.  I ordered up an order of Lemon Pepper and Desert Heat.


Lemon Pepper
Life is full of wonderful choices.
Lemon Pepper - dry rub was very average.  Flavorful?  Yes.  A little over bearing with pepper?  Also yes.  I'm glad I at least got the snack size (contains 5 wings), any more it would have been difficult to finish.  Worth trying but share with friends.

Desert Heat



Desert Heat - a lot flavor, right amount heat with little clean up.  Similar tastes to a spicy taco mix but Desert Heat mixes well with crispiness of a chicken wing.  Dip in a little ranch and its even better  I even purchased this seasoning to add to my collection of spices at home.

Stay tuned as I bring you some thoughts on all 21 flavors/sauces/seasonings Buffalo Wild Wings offers...including taking the Blazzin Challenge...


Wing Night:
Tuesday traditional wing night
Thursday boneless wing night

Side Note:
+All the sauces and dry rubs are available for purchase.
+They offer a ton of menu items besides wings.  Burgers, Salads, Apps.  Get buffalo wedges w/cheese with your wings
-They don't have the Pac-12 network, so I can't watch my Utah Utes games.

Moment of Truth and Why:
Lemon Pepper Dry Rub 1.5-Star Wings (Worth trying but can't eat to many, to much pepper.)
Desert Heat Dry Rub 3.5-Star Wings (Flavor packed, nice heat, only negative tastes similar to Lawry's taco mix you buy at the store.)

Website: www.buffalowildwings.com   
 
Follow me on twitter @chicagowingman
Got a favorite wing joint?  Tweet me and I'll check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment