Friday, December 5, 2014

Black Rock Pub & Kitchen - Chicago

 

Black Rock Pub & Kitchen
Black Rock Pub & Kitchen on N. Damen Ave. Chicago.

The Pub:  This is one of my favorite spots in the city, so I'm little biased.  This is a laid back neighborhood pub with a great craft beer selection, friendly staff, and of course great wings.  Good place to watch a game but they usually don't put the game sounds on.  They have these craft beer tapping events every once in awhile which are fun.  Just check out the beer menu, this should be enough to get you in the door.

Wings: 3 flavors of wings: Coffee BBQ, Ponzu-Sesame, and Buffalo

Wings are tossed on the grill once cooked to make them crispy.  Buffalo sauce is pretty good, not to hot but a nice kick.  Ask for an extra side of the sauce if you like a lot of sauce.  I think they are served just right.  The  BBQ isn't to bad either.  I have never had the Ponzu-Sesame so I cant comment.


Wing Night:  Thursday night is 1/2 prices apps, which is where the wings are on the menu.

Side Note: They have a summer softball league which my team won back in 2011.  Back room has fire place, pool table, and foosball table.

Moment of Truth and Why:
4-Star Wings 
Could use a little more sauce without having to ask for extra.
 
Website: blackrockbar.com
 
Follow me on twitter @chicagowingman

Got a favorite wing joint?  Tell me and I'll check it out.






No comments:

Post a Comment