Thursday, January 8, 2015

Wingstop - Multiple Locations

The Wing Joint:
This was my first trip to a Wingstop location and its time to see if all the good things I'd heard were true.  Most locations are simple and small, I counted 10 tables and the restaurant chain is usually found in a strip mall store front.  I went to the Oak Brook Terrace location and found that most people take orders to go and Wingstop make it easy with online ordering.  For me, I need my wings served hot and ready to eat on the spot.  The friendly staff greeted me with a smile, as indicated on the "sandwich paper".  The place was clean and they had several TV's with a college bowl game on one and the Bulls game with the sound on another.  I ordered, food came out quickly, hot, and ready to eat.  Order a combo meal, 10 wings with choice of 2 different sauces, comes with seasoned fresh cut fries and drink.  No beer, no problem.  Don't let the store front strip mall food category fool you, Wingstop takes their wings and sauce seriously.

The Wing Review:

Original Hot
Wingstop has 11 sauces to choose from.  I went with Original Hot and Garlic Parmesan.  The wings came out hot and ready to eat, as I mentioned.  Medium in size.  Meaty and the right amount of crispiness I look for.  The Original Hot was your average wing sauce, with just a little bit of heat, it could use a good kick.  The Cajun flavor claims to fill that void...next time.  I was also eyeing the Atomic for that 5 star heat I like before I even finished my Original Hot.  Anyway, the Garlic Parm. was very flavorful and delicious.  The amount of parmesan shredded cheese is a little over bearing, they lay it on thick on one side of the wing.  Wing side down was almost naked.  Maybe I'm nit picking a little bit, but with the amount of parmesan that falls off the wing when you take a bite, there is plenty left on the plate to coat the naked side with.  I would recommend the garlic parmesan, next trip the Mango Habanero and Cajun for that added heat are calling my name.

Garlic Parmesan

Wing Night: No advertised wing special, but its nothing but wings!

Side Note:
+ TV's with sports and the sound on!
+ Franchise is growing, more convenient locations coming.
- No beer, no problem...but I do enjoy a good beer with wings.
- Only wings, boneless wings, and chicken strips on the menu.  Why is it a bad thing you ask?  Its not, I just hope everyone you're with wants wings too.

Moment of Truth and Why:

Overall: 4 Star Wings 
Temperature: 5
Size & Texture: 4
Sauce: 5
Flavor: 4
Heat: 3
Garlic Parmesan: 4
Original Hot: 3


Fresh cut fries!
Temperature hot and wings meaty?  Yes.  Crispy?  Check.  Wing size was medium.  Lots of sauce choices and I look forward to my next trip to try the others.  The Original Hot was average flavor and heat was lower than expected, so that lost a few points.  Looking forward to trying that Cajun sauce to raise that heat rating.  Seasoned fresh cut fries are a nice compliment to your wing order.

Website: http://www.wingstop.com/

Follow me on twitter @chicagowingman

Always looking for a new wing joint, got a favorite wing joint?  Tell me about and I'll check it out.  Hope this helps and enjoy.  Eat more wings!


No comments:

Post a Comment